Register now for your best buy!
2017 Registration Deadline – August 11, 2017”
What is NAWHSL?
NAWHSL is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization -- IRS Code 501 (c)(3) -- of leaders working nationwide to prevent and reduce deaths and injuries on our Nation’s roadways.
NAWHSL was founded in 1967 after the National Conference of Women Community Leaders for Highway Safety, which was sponsored by the National Association of Counties in Washington, DC. It is the first and only organization of women leaders whose goals are devoted exclusively to traffic crash prevention.
- To support national transportation safety policies and programs, conducive to a safe, efficient, economical and convenient transportation system
- To initiate and encourage, through education, effective state and local highway traffic safety programs
- To establish and conduct specific priority programs and pilot projects in response to current national needs
- To encourage uniformity in highway traffic safety programs within the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, and the Virgin Islands.
- To develop public advocacy positions for highway traffic safety in each region, state, and community
NAWHSL’s Mission Statement:
To serve as a resource in the dissemination of information and educational programs to promote safe traffic behavior and to advocate for effective public programs to reduce motor vehicle related crashes, crash severity, and the resulting deaths and life-changing injuries.